So what is collagen?
- Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body making up about 40-50% of it, and found mostly in the skin, bones, tendons, ligaments, hair and nails. It is also the most abundant substance in the body behind water. The skin itself, is our bodies largest organ, and is made up of over 80% collagen which makes it an imperative for healthier, softer, clearer more vibrant skin.
- Collagen is normally found in foods such as eggs, chicken skin, pork skin, fish skin, pig trotters, bone broth, marrow, tendons etc. Asian diets are typically high in collagen, especially the Chinese as they like to cook with skin and bone- based foods whereas Western diets neglect these elements and use either boneless or skinless produce.
- Modern diets also favour more processed foods and often favour faster cooking methods compared to more traditional cooking methods which utilise animal cut offs, and require longer periods of cooking time such as cooking things like broths, which can take hours to cook.
Why is Collagen important?
To read about benefits of Collagen click here.
As we age, Collagen production decreases at approximately 1.5% each year after the age of 20. Factor in sun exposure and other lifestyle habits like drinking, bad diet and lack of exercise that rate often doubles as a minimum. This is why ingesting Collagen as a supplement by itself or through foods is vital as a prevention to aging skin.
Your body absorbs Collagen to help the body fight the signs of aging and interestingly also prompts the body to produce more increasing natural levels of Collagen in the body leading to a more vibrant complexion overall.
What makes our Collagen superior -
- We use Hydrolised Marine Collagen Peptides which is high in Type I and Type III Collagen. Our bodies actually contain more than 20 different types of collagen, but three of the types, types I, II, and III-make up 80-90 percent of the body. Types I and III are mainly found in the skin, tendons, ligaments, and bones, while type II is a major component of joint cartilage. Marine Collagen is high in type 1 and III collagen which is the main building blocks for skin, hair and nails.
- Our Marine (fish) collagen is up to 1.5 times more absorbent than other types of collagen (including bovine or porcine) because of its optimum (low) molecular weight making it easier and faster for the body to absorb.
- Source - We source our Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides from one of the world’s largest and reputable Collagen manufacturers headquartered in Germany and all their products are backed by scientific research which other Collagen producers do not have.
- Our ingredients are 100% natural, that's right, nothing artificial and no cheap fillers, just pure hyrdolised collagen peptides.